Employees want to do work that matters, be recognized and rewarded. But promotions only happen every so often, leaving more and more employees dissatisfied, disengaged and weighing their options, especially Millennials, the largest generation in the workforce.
Recently I began a passion project capturing lessons I've learned climbing the proverbial corporate ladder. That's transformed into my next book (Rowman & Littlefield, July 2020).
The Heart of a Leader: 52 Emotional Intelligence Insights to Advance Your Career focuses on leadership and emotional intelligence competencies, actionable tools, bite-sized insights and inspiring quotes for goal-getters who aren't satisfied with status quo careers.
AVAILABLE JULY 2020
1. Why Great Performance Isn’t Enough (Personal Branding)
2. Your Boss Isn’t the Enemy (Enterprise Mindset)
3. What You Need to Lead but Won’t Learn in Business School (Management)
4. Using Emotional Intelligence to Influence People and Organizations (Influence)
5. Politics: Play or Get Played (Empathy)
6. Dealing with Disappointment (Resilience)
7. Mastering Emotional Self-Management (Agility)